Spend a day with Holly bringing seasonal fruit and vegetables to the forefront of your cooking. You will learn a selection of new recipes and skills, understand why we love seasonal & local produce and of course you’ll get to sample the fruits of your labour. All the dishes will be plant based to expand your knowledge and teach you how to champion veg in your cooking. We shall also touch on foraging and edible flowers as well as fermented foods. The day will be spent outdoors in the beautiful grounds at Purusha Retreats where you can relax and enjoy the surroundings. You’ll go home with a full recipe pack, creations you’ve cooked up on the day and hopefully a new zest for cooking with veg!
What your day looks like…
- Make yourself at home with welcome drinks and snacks and meet Holly and her team.
- Prepare a range of seasonal recipes including soup, dips and salads.
- Let’s chat foraging and edible flowers
- Take a break to enjoy your cooking so far.
- Learn about fermented food – sourdough & kombucha demos & make your own sauerkraut.
- Easy plant-based desert demo.
- Make your own supper to take home & breakfast for the following morning.
*Please note this is just a rough guide to the day and it may vary.
Timings – 9.30am to 4pm
Provided for you – all ingredients and equipment you need for the day.
Please bring – some containers to take your cooking home in. Outdoor gear – we’ll be outside most of the day so dress according to the weather! More details emailed nearer the time.
Summer - Cooking through the Seasons
Tuesday 18th July 2023